Now that the weather is cooling down, it’s time roll up your sleeves and get stuck into some of those more demanding jobs that you put off over the warmer months. If you are looking for inspiration, here are some ideas to get you started.
- design and install raised beds in the vegie garden
- shovel and spread large loads of mulch
- erect brick or timber composting bays
- excavate soil and lay pavers for pathways and entertainment spaces
- build garden steps from timber, rock or recycled brick
For other jobs that require a bit of grunt, check out the monthly action planner in the June issue, where you’ll find 60 seasonal gardening jobs to keep you warm on a chilly day.