Conditions of entry for ABC Gardener of the Year 2010 competition
1. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over.
2. The promoter is News Magazines Pty Limited (Publisher of ABC Gardening Australia magazine. ABN 57 088 923 906. Employees of News Magazines Pty Ltd and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences Thursday May 6, 2010 00.01 and closes Thursday September 30, 2010 23.59 (promotional period). All times referred to are in Standard time, Australian Eastern Time.
4. Entry times are when the entry has been received by News Magazines.
5. Finalists are notified by phone during November and their names published in the February 2011 issue of ABC Gardening Australia magazine.
6. There is one major prize to be won, a runner-up prize and six finalist prizes.
7. All entrants receive a certificate of appreciation.
8. Winners must accept the prizes as offered.
9. The winner agrees to participate in any media activities surrounding the promotion.
10. Entries without the required information will be deemed incomplete and will not count towards an entry in the promotion.
11. Any change of winner details once the entry has been received is the entrantís responsibility. The entrant must contact the promoter to advise of any changes.
12. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date prizes are claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
13. Once the prize has been dispatched, the promoter cannot be held responsible for the condition of the prize, should it be damaged in transit.
14. The winners release the promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damages, expense (including legal expenses), cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the promoter or the prize.
15. In event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster (without limitation) or any other event outside our reasonable control, we are entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
16. If for any reason the competition is not running as planned, we are entitled with our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
17. In the event of a third party cancelling any event related to this prize, the promoter cannot be held responsible.
18. If a prize is unclaimed, a second draw will be held by News Magazines Pty Ltd.
19. The promoter requires your details for you to participate and will not provide any outside organisation with these details. In the event of organisations providing prizes to our readers, News Magazines may pass your information on to them. You are welcome to access information News Magazines holds about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at News Ltd,
2 Holt St, Surry Hills, NSW.