In the December issue, decorate your garden with pots of Christmas cheer, grow tropical fruits, rosella and blueberries, discover native lawn options, and transform sand into workable soil.
Christmas pots and projects
Make your garden and festive table sparkle with vibrant floral pots, and get crafty with planty gifts, a succulent tree, and other decorating ideas. Easy projects with step-by-step guides.
The year that was
Costa Georgiadis and the Gardening Australia presenters reflect on the highlights and lowlights of 2020, and share uplifting stories of how gardening saved them and others during an extraordinary year.
Intriguing tropical fruits
Looking for something different to grow in your orchard? Check out Phil Dudman’s tasting notes and growing tips for six exotic fruits, including acerola cherry and governor’s plum.
Ideas for native lawn
Discover the native grass species that perform well as turf, and get answers to your questions about lawn problems and maintenance.
Lush, fragrant orchid vine is not only gorgeous and virtually indestructible, it also has a versatile growth habit and makes a great climber, groundcover or hedge.
Remedies for sandy soil
Sand isn’t ideal for growing fruit and vegies with high water and nutrient needs. But as Josh Byrne explains, there are ways to nourish and improve sandy soil to support your crops.
Stop reindeer (and possums) eating your roses
Make Jackie French’s DIY repellents to ensure you don’t wake on Christmas morning to find your rosebushes have been nibbled by naughty nocturnal visitors.
Meet the gardener
Take inspiration from a gardener in Sydney’s south who has a no-fuss approach to maintaining his impressive garden.
Also in this issue
- Plant rosella, pick silverbeet, and grow blueberries in a pot
- Start corn in punnets to maximise your crop
- Divide, re-pot and restore a struggling peace lily
- Visit Wendy’s Secret Garden in Lavender Bay, Sydney
- Get stuck into 50-plus jobs in your garden this month
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine or extend your subscription today and enjoy these benefits:
- Enter the draw to WIN one of five Gardena gardening packs, worth over $2,969 per pack
- Save 34% off the normal cover price when you subscribe for two years, or save 30% when you subscribe for one year
- Subscribe for six months and receive six issues for only $32
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Have every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Enjoy automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- It’s a great way to treat yourself or someone special
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.