Welcome a brand new gardening year with beautiful and interesting plants, some great recycling ideas, and all the know-how and practical tips you need to have your garden looking its best
How to grow lotus
They’re exquisitely beautiful, easy to grow, and suitable for warm frost-free areas in Australia. What’s not to love about lotus? Find out how to grow them in pots and ponds, and provide the conditions that enable them to thrive.
Re-use and recycle
Do your bit for the planet, and dive into this recycling special featuring dozens of creative ways to reduce, re-use and recycle plastic and other garden waste. And follow our four easy steps to making your own compost.
Loving the blues
An old favourite in the cool-climate garden, English lavender is adored for its purple-blue spires of fragrant blooms. Learn how to grow this beauty, and where you can enjoy the breathtaking sight of it growing en masse on lavender farms.
The Fibonacci sequence
Discover how the fascinating Fibonacci sequence of numbers occurs naturally in nature and is used in architecture and garden design. Once you’re aware of these mathematical patterns, you’ll be seeing them everywhere!
Public gardens to see this summer
When you’re heading off on a roadtrip, remember there are a plethora of gorgeous public gardens around the country, just waiting to be discovered. Stretch your legs and stretch your mind with their expanses of cooling greenery, and special collections.
Swale of a time
What’s a swale when it’s at home? Well, it involves a slope and a dip, and in this coastal suburban garden, it curves around the backyard and is topped with lawn and buxus hedging. Chooks, vegies, trampoline and dinosaurs in pots – this family garden has it all.
In the patch
Learn how to prune a pawpaw, with clear step-by-step instructions, plant up a pot of mint and get your brussels sprouts underway.
Also in this issue
- 10 perennial greens to grow for a steady supply of fresh leaves
- One for the bucket list: Lambley Gardens & Nursery
- Step-by-step advice on taking heel cuttings
- The playful nature and pollination skills of the wattlebird
- The sweet scents of summer with Jackie French
- Your list of jobs to do in the garden this month
- SAVE up to $63 on the normal cover price
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- Treat yourself or someone special
- This month, go into the draw for a chance to win one of 85 watering kits from Hoselink, valued at $56.40 each
Pay just $59 for 12 issues, 1 year’s worth delivered straight to your door!
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.