Get the blood pumping with this late-winter feast of plants, expert advice, and jobs to do in your garden.
Boost your confidence in the garden with tips from a physio on lifting, digging, pruning, raking and weeding. Notes and photos show you how to position your body and reduce your risk of injury.
Make your hedge work harder by choosing flowering plants that give you colour and scent, and offer something for the birds and insects, as well. Take your pick from 22 options, covering all zones.
With interesting leaf shapes on long trailing stems, these succulents look great spilling out of pots and baskets, indoors or out.
There are cute and compact varieties of conifer to suit pots and small spaces. Learn about spruces, cedars, thujas and more, and which will work well in your garden.
Meet the Gardener
See how one school has been transformed by vibrant beds of annuals, perennials, roses and natives, and custom-made ‘flower towers’ brimming with colour.
Read up on what to do when you’ve got wasps in your bee hotel, or skinks under the fridge, or whether butterflies are attracted to certain colours.
In the patch
See three ways to grow spuds, get your eggplant started, pick strawberries, and grow spring onion in pots.
Also in this issue
- Take a walk around the lush displays at the National Orchid Garden in Singapore
- See how one gardener has made the most of her sloping site in Coffs Harbour
- Find out why Jackie French has trouble with carob trees, but loves them anyway
- Dig into 50+ jobs in your garden this month
- Save $71 off the normal cover price when you subscribe for two years, or save $31 when you subscribe for one year
- Go in the draw to win one of 50 family passes to see the movie Ride Like A Girl. Each pass is valued at $80
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Have every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Enjoy automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- It’s a great way to treat yourself or someone special
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.