Order your bulbs, buy an orchid, get ready for garlic planting season, and look back at the fun and faces behind 30 years of the TV show.
30 years of Gardening Australia
ABC Gardening Australia is entering its 30th year on air. To mark this milestone, join us on a trip down memory lane as we chart the origins of the show, and hear funny tales and highlights from presenters old and new.
Snowdrops vs snowflakes
Both of these dainty beauties produce white bell-shaped flowers with green markings in winter, but do you know which is which? Learn how to plant and nurture these bulbs for a glorious display of snowy blooms in late winter.
These crocus look-alikes are pretty in pink, purple and white. They require little maintenance, provide gorgeous autumn colour and can be readily transplanted when in bloom, allowing you the fun of mixing and matching them with other plants.
Orchids in flower
Just when many other flowering plants are shutting up shop for the winter, certain orchids are swinging into full, exotic bloom. Learn how to make the most of oncidium, phalaenopsis and cattleya orchids.
This deliciously pungent member of the onion family is easy to grow when you seek out the best cultivars for your area. Follow our expert planting and growing tips for a steady supply of great-tasting, home-grown garlic.
Garden to table
As head chef at a winery restaurant in Western Australia, Guy Jeffreys is able to combine both his passions – growing food and cooking – sourcing virtually all his fresh produce from the onsite orchard and vegie garden. He shares his food philosophy, and most successful varieties of his favourite vegies.
Plants of the future
Which plants will thrive in Australia’s increasingly harsh climate? A team of scientists is testing common plants and trees, native and exotic, to determine their resilience to drought and heatwaves. The results should help us select the best long-term plantings for our gardens and public spaces.
Also in this issue
- Jackie French on why she loves growing unusual root vegies
- What to do when your soil or potting mix repels water
- How one woman’s vision resulted in a world-renowned garden
- Step-by-step to saving seed from your favourite heirloom tomatoes
- Why trees, like humans, will never have limitless heights
- SAVE up to $63 on the normal cover price
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- Treat yourself or someone special
Pay just $59 for 12 issues, 1 year’s worth delivered straight to your door!
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.