In the June 2020 issue, create a garden oasis with the perfect seating, read about bushfire recovery on Kangaroo Island, and go back to basics with creative ways to grow food on a budget.
Sitting in the garden is one of life’s great pleasures. We step through the key considerations when choosing and positioning garden seating, and how to restore an old bench seat.
Gardening that doesn’t cost a packet
Save, strike, swap and share… rediscover old-school gardening practices for a year-round supply of home-grown food on a budget.
Bushfire recovery on Kangaroo Island
Sophie Thomson throws herself into a project that brings hope to the fire-ravaged island: the rapid build of a community vegie garden.
Vegie patch Q&A
How can I stop ants stealing seed? When are my carrots ready to pull up? How should I deal with pests on potatoes? Phil Dudman answers these questions and more.
Mallees for the home garden
You don’t need a large space to grow a eucalypt with striking foliage, flowers and fruit. Josh Byrne reveals his favourite small species with masses of appeal.
Looking for something to adorn a blank wall, cover an eyesore or provide attractive screening? These 10 flowering climbers not only look great, they also have a gorgeous perfume.
Welcome winter colour
In warmer zones, add a tropical vibe to your garden with Brazilian red cloak, or grow witch hazel in cooler climates for cheery winter blooms.
What to plant and pick now
In the patch this month, we plant asparagus, grow watercress in pots, raise a healthy lemon tree, and give tips for harvesting the fruits of your labour to maximise your home-grown crop.
Also in this issue
- A Mallee township creates a thriving wetland habitat
- Imagine your garden in the time of the dinosaurs
- Step-by-step to pruning hydrangeas in winter
- 50-plus jobs to do in your garden this month
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine or extend your subscription today and enjoy these benefits:
- Subscribe for six months and receive six issues for only $32
- Save 34% off the normal cover price when you subscribe for two years, or save 30% when you subscribe for one year
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Have every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Enjoy automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- It’s a great way to treat yourself or someone special
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.