It’s April, and that means time for action! Be inspired by an amazing city garden bursting with edible plants, fabulous flowers and shrubs to work into your garden, and step-by-step projects to get your teeth into.
Autumn ornamental displays
Take your pick from two easy seasonal projects: pot up succulents for a stylish autumn display, or fill a hanging basket with a mix of lush ferns.
With their vibrant spires and varying heights, these classic flowers look spectacular en masse in gardens and as cut flowers. Find out how to get yours growing and flowering for maximum impact.
Labour of love
One couple’s shared passion created a beautiful established garden, which sits perfectly in its tranquil Huon Valley location.
Painting with petals
Fibre artist Sue Connor shows you, step-by-step, how to use colourful botanicals from your garden to dye wool and a silk scarf at home.
In the patch
Phil Dudman shares his trips and tricks for growing leek and coriander, when to pick avocado and a step-by-step, no-dig guide to sowing carrot seed.
Tino Carnevale talks about three varieties of celery to try, and solutions for common problems and pests to ensure a successful crop.
Growing food in the city
Meet the owner of a highly productive urban Melbourne garden who produces masses of vegies and raises quails in her small but cleverly designed space.
Also in this issue
- Old-fashioned shrubs that we’d love to see used more often
- The spectacular bulb displays at Keukenhof gardens in the Netherlands
- Jackie French on the best way to keep destructive white cockatoos in check
- Why black flying foxes and consequently our native forests are under threat
- Your list of jobs to do in the garden this month
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine, or extend your subscription today and enjoy these benefits:
- Save over $93 off the normal cover price and receive three bonus issues when you subscribe for two years, or SAVE $31 when you subscribe for one year
- Never miss an issue of Australia’s #1 gardening magazine
- Every issue conveniently delivered straight to your door
- Automatic Subs Club membership, which includes entry into the draw to WIN great prizes every month
- Treat yourself or someone special
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.