Discover the dreamiest, most romantic roses, plant big trees for autumn colour, and be inspired by fast gardening in the suburbs and slow gardening on a country verge.
Romancing the rose
From new releases to old masters, here are some top contenders for the most romantic rose, as well as flourishing old-world beauties at The Cedars, Adelaide Hills.
Three of the best feature trees to plant for autumn colour for generations to come.
Looking for an easy-care, long-flowering orchid for a pot or that tough spot in the garden? Crucifix orchids won’t disappoint.
New lease on life
In just over a year, two young artists used more than 1000 colourful plants to transform the garden of their Sydney rental.
It’s easy! Find out what, why and how to prune, and the best tools for each job.
Living on the edge
Meet a patient gardener who slowly revegetated a verge on her property using the seeds already in the soil.
Plants at play
There’s a spot in the garden for any plant (even the ones you’re not keen on) when you find the right setting or companions
Also in this issue – Our bigger, better In the Patch section!
- People Visit Lee Sorbello’s built-for-a-family garden in Brisbane
- Grow Get snow peas in now, plus check out what to sow and plant in April
- Problems Loose heads of Iceberg lettuce? Soft eggshells? Citrus fruit drop? Our horticultural editor Phil Dudman answers your questions
- Pots Self-watering pots for growing vegies
- Advice Tino Carnevale shares his tips on growing garlic
- Practical How to harvest parsley seed step-by-step
- PLUS Get stuck into 50-plus jobs in your garden this month
Subscribe to ABC Gardening Australia magazine or extend your subscription today and enjoy these benefits:
- Be in the running to WIN one of 5 Wedgwood Prize packs, valued at $284 each! Plus 50 runners-up will win a double movie pass to see Six Minutes to Midnight!
- Save $63 off the normal cover price when you subscribe for two years, or save $28 when you subscribe for one year
- Never miss an issue and receive your copy straight to your door
- Go into the Subs Club draw to WIN great prizes every month
- It’s a great way to treat yourself or someone special
Visit mymagazines.com.au to subscribe.